joy unspeakable

Saturday, March 25, 2006

It's Official

Yes, I have reached that milestone of motherhood where I can officially call myself a "soccer mom". Abigail and Olivia both had their very first soccer practice this morning. How did this happen? I guess it must have started when I sold out to my younger, cooler self and purchased a minivan. Mind you, this is one of the "sporty" looking ones- an MPV with the spoiler, ground effects, and back windows that roll down that (I think) make it look like more of an SUV. (who am I kidding here?) I guess the only logical next step is to put one of those magnetic soccer balls on the back of the MPV, sign up for snack rotation, and sport T-shirts that say "I'm Abigail's and Olivia's mom."
Steve walked up to me after we got home from practice and kissed me. Then he said, "I've always wanted to know what it was like to kiss a soccer mom!".

But seriously, I am very excited to have my two girls out there "kickin' it". I can't wait to see if they develop into star soccer players like my awesome Lady Razorback niece, Becca (She's their hero!). I love my little girls, and am so blessed to be a "soccer mom", and a ballet mom, and whatever else they may do in life. I really don't mind that my life is all about caring for my kids (and hubby) and rooting them on. It's what God designed me for, it's my ministry and an awesome responsibility. I would not find joy doing anything less right now. What an honor and a privilege! Besides, I know my Heavenly Father is watching me right now and rooting me on. And as proud as I am of my daughters, He's infinitely more proud of His.





1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home