joy unspeakable

Monday, September 04, 2006

Run Forrest, Run!

Steve and I finally chose our marathon dates! We are running the Jacksonville Marine Corp Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on October 7 - my 30th birthday. I kept trying to decide what to do for the big b-day, and I decided a big run was just the thing to celebrate the 30 wonderful years God has blessed me with. Plus, as a gift to me, Steve will slow down and actually run the whole thing with me!

Then, January 7, 2007, we will run the Walt Disney World Marathon (26.2 miles). I am so excited about this one!!! There will be 16,000 participants, and we'll run through all four of the Disney theme parks. At one point, we run right through Cinderella's castle. Since this is my first marathon, I'm glad it will be at one of my favorite places.

So, if I don't blog very often, it's because I am out there trainning. I'll be running and running... and maybe some biking to give the knees a rest. I am almost 30.

3 Comments:

  • Okay, I was just about to take you off my blog buddies list, when lo and behold, you blogged!!! So, okay, you're good to go for another 6 months. But, you still have to blog once and awhile. Your race sounds fun. Steve and Mish just ran a 5K today. Steve came in 3rd in his age group and Mish came in 4th. They were very excited. Katherine Riskey ran in the Disney Half-Marathon last year. Sounds like fun. Good luck training!!

    By Blogger Flower Mound Mom, at 6:03 PM  

  • It was summer and I had no time alone without kids, so blogging got put on the back burner. Don't give up on me! :D I am so proud of Steve and Mish, I didn't know they were runners! Your brother is looking very svelte now that he runs 4X a week.

    By Blogger Amy of the Hill, at 8:38 PM  

  • Glad to see you're back!
    I was beginning to wonder what happened to you! And good for you running! (but please don't say you're old at 30! talk to me when you turn 37!) Kev and I have been working out alot (him more than me) and he's slimmed down too! I've always wanted to run a marathon, but w/ the kids, it's too hard for me to train. Maybe when the kids are in school...
    Ya'll should come to Indy to run the 1/2 marathon here, (it's in May.)
    Love, Elizabeth

    By Blogger elizabeth, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home